- Relaxing Retreat -
View our listings to find the perfect rental for you. At this time we only accept 7 day rentals online. If you have reserved a cottage for less than 7 days, we will contact you to change or cancel your reservation. Please contact us if you would like to reserve a cottage for fewer than 7 days in our busy season.
We are in the process of upgrading living room furniture and renovating the older cottages, which we hope to complete over the next few summers.
Please email or call to enquire about availability.
Our Fully-Equipped House-Keeping Cottages Include the Following:
Pillows, pillow cases, sheets and a comforter
Gas stove, refrigerator, pots and pans, cooking utensils, strainers, baking sheets, etc.
Table and chairs, silverware, plates, bowls, and glasses
Kettle, microwave, and toaster
Dish soap, hand soap, broom and dustpan, dish cloth, tea towel, toilet paper
Not Included (not limited to)
Towels, kleenex, paper towels, food items
We do not supply towels. If you forget yours at home we have them available for an additional cost of $8.00 / person.
- We would like to offer short-term rentals as they are difficult to find on Manitoulin. To continue providing this service an additional cleaning fee of $35 will be charged (per cottage) to any rentals that are less than four consecutive days.
- To continue offering short-term rentals we reserve the right to switch your cabin
No Pets Allowed (except trained service animals)
11 pm Quiet Hours
- We want everyone to have a good time and to sleep well.
- If we receive complaints after the second warning we will ask you to leave the premises without a refund.
- All guests are expected to recycle and compost following our local guidelines (information is posted in each cottage).
- At check-out guests are asked to bring your garbage, recycling goods, and compost to the designated area.
- We enforce this policy to minimize waste, maintain the integrity of Manitoulin, and to keep our prices low.
Additional Over-Night Guests
- Extra guests exceeding the maximum cottage or tent site occupancy must be registered (see cottages for occupancy details).
- Any guests greater than the maximum occupancy will incur an extra cost of $15.00/night per individual.
- We retain the right to ban campfires during dry periods in the summer.
- We ask that campfire pits are not moved for safety reasons.
- Campfires can go late into the night as long as the 11pm quiet hours are respected.
- For safety reasons, all guests are expected to ensure that the flame and coals are completely out when you retire for the evening.
- We enforce the Island-wide policy that wood is not brought onto Manitoulin Island from outside sources. Firewood must be purchased locally, or from us. If you are purchasing large amounts of firewood, ei; Seasonal Campers, it must be done by a recognized Manitoulin Island supplier.
There are pieces available for viewing inside the cottages. If any art-work is missing at check-out you will be billed for the ticketed value.
A non-refundable $200.00 security deposit is required to confirm your reservation.
Less than 7 days
We require a non-refundable security deposit equal to the cost of one nightly rental for the unit you reserve. For example, Cabin 2 costs $150.00 / night, so the security deposit is $150.00.
The security deposit is credited to your bill; you will pay the remaining portion of your bill when you check in at Black Rock Resort.
We require a $100 damage deposit that will be refunded at check-out except in the following circumstances:
- Failure to comply with our no-pets and no-smoking indoors policies
= 11pm quiet hours.
- If there are damages to the cottages and/or theft or damages to the cottage contents.
- If there are damages to the grounds and/or property of Black Rock by individual(s) staying in your cottage and/or your day-time guest.
- If costs for repairs or replacement items exceed the alotted $100 for damages the payor creditcard will be billed the difference.